Thursday, June 17, 2004

Absence

They say "absence makes the heart grow fonder" but what really constitutes as being "absent?" You and I don't even live in the same timezone but I miss you so much. Missing someone goes beyond just the physical presence of the other person to the emotional presence. We have that emotional connection and even I'm surprised how much this overwhelms me at times. It is really those particular times that may have no meaning to anyone else except us... your lunch and my afternoons. I know it won't always be this way, but we've both truly realized how much we mean to one another. So, yes, my heart grows fonder each and everyday you are gone, and even when you are here.

I did want to say so many things to you last night about how I have been feeling lately but I held back because I'm not sure it's the right place. The time, well, that's all relative, I suppose. So whatever time and place it happens, I will let it happen because that's when it's suppose to be.