Sunday, June 13, 2004

Insomnia

I've suffered a form of insomnia for awhile now. It's not to the extent that I cannot sleep at all through the night but that I cannot sleep a complete night through without getting up several times. And I don't mean getting up to use the bathroom or that sort of thing. I will toss and turn a little, and look to see what time it is. Usually it's only an hour or half-hour since the last time I awoke. I'm not sure what causes this but I never had this problem before. I read in a magazine that a large percentage of women in their 30s suffer some form of insomnia due to worries about family life, job and the such. I'm guessing this isn't a problem for men. Short of taking a sleeping pill, I don't really know what to do about it. I'm sure what I'm experiencing is so mild compared to others because at least at some point I can catch up on the missed sleep.