Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Love Actually

The weekend was as pleasant as it could be considering the circumstances. I was thinking that next year I might be in an entirely different situation. It's weird to think in that terms but as you know a year goes by rather quickly.

As for the present weekend, I spent Saturday being as lazy as I wanted to be and watching the movie, Love Actually. I had seen it in the theaters when it first came out. Of course my motivation for buying the movie was Colin Firth, whose role was not what I would call spectacular. But then again what is more spectacular than being Mr. Darcy (swoon)? One realizes after watching the movie that there are so many different kinds of love out there. For myself, being in love really changes how you see the world.

The rest of the weekend was spent quietly aside from seeing the movie, The Notebook, and having lunches with some good friends. The Notebook is based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks. Though I haven't read the novel, the movie is a real tear jerker. Both my friend and I were crying at the end. The author of the book said in an interview that he based the story on his grandparents who were married over 60 years. I hope I am just as lucky as they are.