Monday, August 30, 2004

Being Reviewed

Imagine my surprise when I found out someone reviewed my blog (see the comment for the previous entry). Truthfully, I was taken aback that some random person would take it upon themselves to give their opinion about my writing and even assign numerical values based on the areas of writing, content quality, public/personal and overall. His opinion is based on personal observation rather than professional knowledge as far as I can tell.

Nevertheless, on some level he makes a couple of good observations about my blog. But I think he fails to see the blog for what it is: My personal musings. Yes, it is for public viewing and I welcome comments, including this person's. However, this blog is a place for me to put down my feelings no matter how obtuse they may be. And yes I admit much of it is obtuse and only has meaning to one particular person; my most private thoughts are only meant for certain mediums and this is not one of them. One thing I would like to say is that I am not uncertain about my relationship as he makes note of. He may believe the relationship is "new" and therefore "uncertain" but it is neither. When I write about my relationship, I am talking about the ups and downs that we face as a couple and how we (mostly I) contend with them.

In any case, thanks for your review and for your comments. It's not very often that I receive feedback on what I write.