Thursday, September 16, 2004

As the Season Changes...

Fall is finally almost here. This summer was hot but not any hotter than the last nine summers I've spent here. But this was by far the best summer I've had in the last nine years. And next summer, well, I won't be spending it in the desert; at least I hope I won't be. The impending changes in my life are so exciting though I don't want to really talk about them right now. In time I will slowly reveal a few things here and there.

I truly love this time of the year as summer slowly turns into autumn. I think this is one of the reasons I love living on the mainland--the changing seasons. Don't get me wrong, I loved living in Hawaii where everyday was paradise. But nothing beats the different seasons because you feel the changes throughout the year. I admit that where I live there aren't drastic changes in the seasons but just enough to feel like autumn, winter, spring and summer. Truthfully, I am looking forward to the day I get to spend my first Christmas in the middle of a winter wonder land. I know everyone who has ever lived in snow will say I'm crazy but I don't care. I need to experience snow for myself.