Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Music and Memories

Songs always evoke particular memories for me. As I spend time listening to different songs for the big day, these are some of the songs that remind me of the past, present and future:

West End Girls - Pet Shop Boys - 11th Grade trip to Washington, DC for the Close Up program, circa 1985. One of the most rewarding trips I ever went on. Besides learning about government "up close," I also met great people from around the U.S. including my roommates who were from California and West Virginia. I still have a couple of good friends I made on that trip to this day.

Crazy For You - Madonna - High school, circa 1986-87. Probably one of the most played songs at high school dances. Reminds me of the crushes I had.

Mr. Roboto - Styx - High school, circa 1983. I remember my dad brought home a rabbit from a co-worker. He started calling her "Mrs. Robato" because we didn't know what to name her. That became her name. My dad was funny like that.

Heaven - Bryan Adams - First love, circa 1988-90. You never forget the first time you fall in love. I don't regret it and I'm glad I got over it.

Accidentally In Love - Counting Crows - Falling in love, 2003-04. What a fun song! Will always remind me of the silly boy that got my attention.

You Dance - Eastmountainsouth - True love, 2004. Was told this song reminded him of me. It's our song; the first song we will dance to as husband and wife.