Thursday, September 16, 2004

A Partner in Life

I am constantly amazed about the wonderful person I have in my life. To quote myself in a conversation I had with him recently, I said, "I now know what it means to have a good relationship." I've only had one other serious relationship and when I look back at it, in the grand scheme of relationships, it was just "okay." There was a lot of selfishness on his side and the sad part was that I accepted it. I thought I was in love; I wasn't.

Today I am truly in love. He cares more about how I feel and my needs more than his own. I feel the same way about him. This is not to say that we don't have our moments. We work hard at our relationship and the most important part is that we BOTH work hard. Sometimes the scales get a little tilted but immediately balances itself out. I love him with an intensity that I've never loved anyone else. In fact, one of the best compliments he ever gave me was that I was willing to work at making our relationship better. I do want our relationship to be the best it can be and I know he does too. Our love only encourages us to make it the kind of relationship we both want. It's quite wonderful and almost unbelievable. Even I am in awe at this person who will soon become my partner in life. I can't wait for that day...