Saturday, September 25, 2004

Self-Pity

A wave of sadness washed over me as I drove home this evening. Well, perhaps it was self-pity. This weekend especially I am missing having my sweetie by my side. It's been six weeks since I last held his hand and was in his physical presence. I am missing him terribly. Here we are planning the rest of our lives together and, yet, we are not together. I know it's only a matter of time before I see him next. In fact, it's only four and a half weeks before we will see each other again. We are both looking forward to it.

In all truthfulness, I think I miss being a "normal" couple. Yes, our relationship is anything but normal. Rather, we have what I conveniently like to call a "21st century" relationship. We spend appropriate amounts of time with each other talking on IM and on the phone. In some respects, we probably spend more time talking with each other than other couples who have the luxury to just be together. I guess when you are with someone, and I mean with someone, you don't need to spend the time conversing. I don't know. I'm sure I am just feeling sorry for myself and it will pass.

In other more positive news, the family seems to be dealing well with the plans.