Monday, October 18, 2004

Meet The Parents

Ever get that Ben Stiller moment like when he first meets The Parents? This morning, of all mornings, I had that moment. Up until now, I felt pretty comfortable meeting the parents because on some basic level we have already established a relationship; albeit it's by email but it's still a relationship. Frankly I'm worried because of my ethnic and cultural background. I know it's silly to be worried about such things and I've never cared much about what others think but this is different. I guess I hope I "fit" into what they had hoped their son would bring home. I know they don't have a particular preference but these are the things I worry about. I'm sure I won't have to go through any of the tests like Ben did. I wonder how he'll feel Meeting the Fockers?