Monday, October 25, 2004

Taking Off

It's been awhile since I've actually gone away for a vacation. I've taken a few vacations while family and friends have been in town but I don't think I've flown anywhere since 9/11. Yes, it's been that long. There hasn't been any particular reason why I haven't traveled anywhere. I think the my last trip was to DC right before 9/11.

This trip is quite exciting for me. Besides the fact that I get to add 3 more states to my list of "states I've visited," I will meet some of my future family members. It's quite exciting and scary at the same time. I know they are just as nervous as I am and that makes it a little more easier to handle. From all the other correspondence I have already had with them, I'm not too worried. They are all very likeable and I can't wait to get to know them in person.

These last couple days at work probably won't be as productive as I'd like them to be. But that's understanding as I have got other things on my mind right now.