Monday, October 11, 2004

Weekend Stuff

I had a good weekend that wasn't filled with too much to do. Probably the most significant part of it was meeting a new friend. Actually this is someone I have been emailing with for the last couple of months. She actually approached me when she discovered we had similar circumstances regarding meeting our significant others. I was glad to lend whatever advice I could since it seemed that my relationship was in a much more advanced stage than hers at the time, and since then has progressed a lot further.

She is a 25, soon to be 26, year old woman who moved here about three years ago. She met her significant other the same way I met mine but their relationship has yet to go to the same level as mine did in the same amount of time. She and I are similar in a lot of ways but we are also different as are our significant others. I think the bottomline is that she was and is looking for some support in her relationship because of the way she met him. I was happy to sit and chat with her for almost two hours. I remember going through some of the exact same situations and having the exact same worries as she is having. The funny part is that it wasn't too long ago but it feels like it was. My perspective is that if it is meant to be, it will be and things will work itself out. Of course that is little comfort to anyone who is in that situation. Things happened for me when I didn't expect them to happen while she wants them to happen or at least have some sense that it is happening. Like I told her, no man spends the time to call or talk to you unless they are interested in some way, and after nine months, they are.

The rest of the weekend was fairly quiet for me. I was extremely happy but a lot of that was due in part to my upcoming vacation! Only 15 more days (not counting today or the day I leave) before I am off.