Wednesday, October 06, 2004

We've Come A Long Way

I feel like our relationship has grown so much since we were last together. Seems strange to say and think that but it's true. We've made some life-changing decisions together and worked on those plans in earnest. We've definitely come a long way, baby! I'm glad I get to make this journey with you because there is no one else in this world that I can imagine taking this adventure with.

Admittedly, I have wondered if we really know each other well enough to be making this commitment. But what really constitutes "knowing" someone? We continue to grow together and learn together, and, truthfully to me, that's the most important thing. We are both individuals and I will never expect us to be the same person. I don't want us to be the same person because it's our individuality that attracted us to each other. Our core values and beliefs became the foundation of our relationship but nothing says more about how a relationship will be until you bring in the other parts. And as we both know, the other parts work well together.

So really, I do know you. I know that you are hardworking, honest, passionate, silly, humorous, kind, loving, gentle, sensitive, slightly arrogant, protective, smart, thoughtful, and all the other things I want in the person I will spend the rest of my life with. We have come a long way but we still have a ways to go, and I can't wait to go with you!