Thursday, November 25, 2004

Being Thankful

Certainly I am not only thankful during this one time of the year but at least it gives me a chance to reflect back and think about those who have touched my life over the years and who have begun to touch my life in the last year.

I am thankful for my mom and brother who continue to lend their support to me whenever I ask for it. I am thankful for my aunty and uncle who have over the last few years become a second set of parents. I am thankful for the friends I have who consistently stayed in my life over the years and are quick to be around when I need them or don't need them. I am thankful for a grouchy kitty who stole my heart when I brought her home after someone found her wandering around several years ago. I could end my list here but this year I have much more to be thankful for.

I am thankful for the man who stole my heart over the last year and who has promised to love me the rest of my life. I am thankful for the new family who opened their home and hearts to me despite the unusual circumstances of our relationship. I am thankful for the new friends that I met briefly who I'm sure will become good friends in the coming years.

Happy Thanksgiving 2004!