Saturday, November 27, 2004

Family Time

It has become a tradition with my family to travel to Las Vegas for a week during Thanksgiving. They get to do their favorite activity while I get to see them. It's funny how you can take this kind of family time for granted. It never really crossed my mind that there may be a time where we wouldn't spend this holiday together. The funny part is that my family fully expects that I probably won't spend Thanksgiving with them next year and, really, I probably won't given my circumstances. With my impending marriage next year, there are many things that will be changing in my life. How do you decide which holidays you spend with which family? And what do you do if your husband has a job which makes it impossible for him to take any real vacation time during the holidays? Marriage brings with it many new challenges including figuring out our family time. Of course there wouldn't be much of a discussion if both of our families lived relatively close together. Really the bottom line is that I get to spend the holidays with my new family, my husband, and perhaps our own little family in the future.