Monday, December 13, 2004

186 Days and Fashionably Old

The countdown continues to married life. I am so ready to be married. Compared to the first time I was pseudo-engaged, I have no hesitations or doubts. This was the man I was waiting for all my life and I am happy that I get to spend the rest of my life with him. Only 186 days until we are husband and wife, and even less than that until we set up household. I wonder how life will change for both of us when we live together? In a way, I'm glad we didn't just live together anticipating that we would marry 1, 2 or even 3 years down the road. I had always thought I might live together with someone for a few years before we took the plunge. But I also worried that it would be too easy to live together and not finalize the commitment. We're a rather old-fashioned couple in a lot of ways but not all ways. We generally agree on a lot of issues and ideas, and how we want our lives to be. I'm sure along the way we will encounter disagreements to the degree that neither one of us will budge upon. I'm okay with that because I know that for both of us, it's about working at our relationship and our lives together. There is no backspace, delete, or revision; just making the mistakes, correcting them and continuing our story.