Saturday, December 25, 2004

The Best Present of All

I had a nice Christmas though it could have been better if it was spent with family and the one I love. But I had a lovely day and the kind I like with no stress and no expectations. Slept in late, opened the rest of my presents (okay, I cheated and opened a few right after the clock struck 12 midnight), called my mom et al, and then called my sweetie and my other family. It's nice to have more family now; that perhaps is the best Christmas present of all. At one point in my life, I wondered if I would have anyone to grow old with. I don't have a big nuclear family and my extended family has grown smaller over the years. On occasion, I thought about what my later years in life would be like. I have more family now and hope to have more in the future. It's nice to have a future to share with someone and we look forward to spending it together.

This is not to say I didn't get a lot nice and thoughtful presents today. By far some of my favorite presents I received were tiny white gold hoop earrings, the DVD "Where The Heart Is," and some fuzzy bedroom slippers with the Georgia logo on them. It's nice that Christmas is on Saturday because I got yesterday off (Christmas eve) and tomorrow is another day off before heading back to work on Monday. Just a few more days before 2005 arrives and a couple more weeks before my sweetie is here. I can't wait!