Wednesday, December 01, 2004

He's Just Not That Into You (Or Is He?)

Last night I was talking to a friend who is becoming rather discouraged about her supposedly "budding" relationship. She is not sure if that relationship is growing anymore. After our conversation, I thought about a book everyone seems to be talking about lately called "He's Just Not That Into You : The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys." I, myself, haven't read this book but in reading the synopsis on Amazon, the author simply states "if a (sane) guy really likes you, there ain’t nothing that’s going to get in his way." The problem is that he calls her several times a week and they talk, sometimes, for hours. But he has yet to make the commitment to come out here and meet her. Yes, they met through a dating website, and the same one my future hubby and I met on. And this happens to be a rather serious one and not a website those looking for "casual" relationships use. So what is the answer for her? I told her to be optimistic because this guy is obviously not spending his nights dating every woman on the planet but home talking to her. Perhaps he needs a little push in the "right" direction. For his sake, I hope she does it before her last glimmer of hope fades. If not, he'll never realize what could have been.