Monday, December 06, 2004

Holiday Happenings

Yes, the holidays have finally descended upon me. This weekend I got a little Christmas shopping done without too much stress. I hope it stays that way because I'd like to avoid as much stress as possible this season.

Last night I attended an open house to benefit the Girl Scouts. I am just amazed at the amount of time and trouble people spend decorating their homes. Of course all of it was just beautiful and put everyone into the Christmas spirit. It was the first time I had ever attended something like that and I enjoyed myself very much. The whole evening was enhanced by spending time with some very good friends at the event.

I am torn at the moment if I should take out my Christmas decorations. I have a small collection that I put together over the last few years and I used to take them out when I hosted my family for Thanksgiving dinner. Since we've decided to spend that day at their timeshare, I never really take out my decorations. Of course, this year I am also celebrating part of Christmas later than usual since my sweetie will be visiting after the new year and we have opted to celebrate it then. So I suppose I can bring out the Christmas decorations; I seemed to have answered my own question.