Thursday, February 10, 2005

T-r-a-s-h-y Wife

Okay, I've been teased by the future hubby that I will be the "t-r-a-s-h-y wife." My trashiness stems from my occasional viewing of television which can be construed as not appropriate for the educated mind. Hmmmmm... yeah, right. So my latest find as I surfed the channels last night was this show called "Project Runway." As you can guess by the title, the show has something to do with fashion, namely bringing together "would-be" fashion designers to compete against each other. My viewing of last night's episode fortunately meant that I had discovered the show toward the end of its run. Thank goodness for the future hubby who will get to hear the synopsis and who listens quite politely. I'm not sure what's more disconcerting than a male designer who looks similar to Carson Kressley (of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy) but wears lip gloss. Uh, yeah.

The show held my interest for a bit because of the last four contestants left, three ("the artist," "the professional," and "the wild card") of them despised the fourth one ("the longshot"). The "long shot" won last night's competition which was to design an outfit for Nancy Odell to wear during the Grammy's; the "artist" got eliminated. Ms. Longshot delighted in the fact that she knew both Ms. Professional and the Mr. Wild Card were upset that she had made it as one of the final three. Seems almost a bit high schoolish if you ask me considering this woman is 40 years old.

Just another entry to add to my resume of being a future t-r-a-s-h-y wife.