Thursday, March 03, 2005

Domesticity

I'm away visiting the fiance for a few days. It's nice to spend time together when we are apart so much. Unfortunately today he had to work so I am puttering around his apartment. Our apartment. Yes, soon to be mine in a couple of months once I move out here. I'm not sure how I feel about moving in with him. What I mean is that I can't wait to move in with him but I'm not sure if I am going to experience what my co-worker experienced when her husband moved in with her after they married. She said he doesn't feel comfortable because the townhouse she rents is "her" place. She doesn't feel that way but he does or so she says. He has recreated his apartment in one of the spare bedrooms. Very strange. I don't expect the fiance is too tied to keeping this place his. He has said to me several times that this is my home now. Maybe he'll feel differently when my stuff is here. For now, I am enjoying keeping the house. I wonder how long it will take for that to wear off?