Friday, May 13, 2005

Five, Four, Three, Two...

I guess you can say we're in the final stretch to the wedding. Just about five weeks until the big day though we are traveling there the week before. So, really, I only have four weeks left to do stuff. Yikes! I can't believe how quickly the day is creeping up on us. We are so ready to be married and we might as well be. I think we both feel we are married already. It will be nice to officially sign my name as the "Mrs." instead of just talking about it. I'm already getting in the habit of giving his last name since mine seems hard to take for those unfamiliar with its origins. But you can't do it all the time unless it's official.

I don't really have much to say about our cohabitation lives yet. I try to do my part since I am the one at home all day while he's at work. It's not as though he is supporting me since I am technically being paid out for my vacation which probably covers a majority of this month. But staying home all day is not something I am used to. I try to occupy my time by going out to do errands. What's strange is that if I have the time off, my choice would not be to do errands but rather spend time on me. For example, spend time at a bookstore and having some coffee. But I feel a bit guilty since I have things to do like unpack and write an ungodly number of thank you notes. I have to get those done. But I'm in a new town and new surroundings. I'm distracted by it. Once the "newness" wears off and I think it will soon, I will be back on track.