Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Unpacking and Being Domestic

I am in upacking hell mostly because I don't know where to put everything. I think the problem is that there are things here already and I am adding in my stuff. So far there have been no arguments about what can be put where. But I feel as though I am a visitor rather than someone that lives here. Things are where the fiance likes them but not necessarily where I like them. I'm sure some discussions will ensue as we blend the two households together. I can only be thankful that I did not bring any furniture with me. Who knows where I would have put any of it?

Today I had lunch with the fiance. I drove over to his workplace and met him. It was nice to see him at work and to figure out how to get there. I am slowly figuring out my way around town. It is not difficult to get around here though one wrong turn could lead me into South Carolina. Not a big deal because I can just turn around and go the way I came.

Domestically speaking... on the homefront, I have managed to prepare real dinners the last few days. I was a bit worried that it would be too much for the fiance since he is used to eating simple and basic and easy meals. But after questioning him today, he seemed to be pleased at what I've done so far. Thank goodness. I am so used to just being one that it's hard to plan for two. To make things easier, I thought having a night of "you figure out what you want to eat" would do us good. That way if he wants to eat something he was used to eating, he can do it. It's hard getting used to all this. I realize now how independent I've been and how hard it will be to change. It'll take time but it will happen.