Monday, June 06, 2005

Signs of Aging

I remember when I turned 30 my then boss said to me things will never be the same. The first evidence came when I played tennis or some other sport and did not properly warm up. Yep, ouch. I strained a muscle in my leg that took several days to get back to normal. Of course, the real reason is that I don't partake in any real exercise regime so my muscles are rarely ever over used or well used. Unfortunately, exercise and sports are not part of my lifestyle like they should be. Now that I am in my mid-30s, I realize how much aging can take a toll on your body. The last few days I haven't been feeling my best and I'm sure some of it has to do with hidden wedding stress. On the other hand, the fiance, usually a rather spry fellow himself, suffered a back spasm which didn't completely immobilize him but left him aching. The first sign that aging isn't pretty or smells pleasant is when you go to bed with someone smelling like menthol. Okay, it's not that bad but I didn't think I would be smelling menthol until I was well into my late 50s or even 60s. Fortunately it seems like he is recovering well and just in time for our wedded bliss next week. Even if I had to endure the pleasant odor of mentol on our wedding night, I'd be a very happy woman knowing that I have the love of my life right beside me. After all, I did agree to take him as my husband "in sickness and in health" right?