Friday, July 29, 2005

The Details

As time marches on, so did my feelings of ennui. Though I'm not entirely my "off-the-charts" happy self, I am, at least, a resemblance of my usual state of being.

So here are a few more pictures from our wedding day. It's mostly pictures of the details that I love. This first picture is my mom's hands. She didn't know that the photographer took that picture but I will forever cherish it because these are the hands I held when I was a child. I remember holding her hand so I wouldn't get lost. Actually I used to hold just her pinky because my hands were too small to hold on tightly to her whole hand. These are truly the hands of a mother.

This picture is a patch from my dad's army uniform that I pinned underneath my dress. It was my way of having my dad with me since he passed away a few years ago. My brother did a wonderful job walking me down the aisle for our father. Every little girl dreams of having her father walk her down the aisle on her wedding day and even though my dad couldn't, he was there with me the whole ceremony and reception. He would have loved the hubby because, in many ways, the hubby is just like him.

This last picture is the hubby's wedding band and the necklace I wore with my wedding dress. I love a man who loves wearing his wedding ring and my hubby definitely loves wearing his wedding ring. The necklace, which was more like a chocker, was from my honor attendant. He purchased it that morning and it went beautifully with my dress. The necklace is mainly silver with a gold heart center. I liked how it looked when we took our pictures.

These details from our wedding might have gone unnoticed if it weren't for these pictures. Again, our photographer did a beautiful job.



All pictures were taken by Katie Robinson and are copyrighted. Use of any of the pictures on this page without permission is prohibited. If you would like to use any of these pictures, please email me. Thank you.