Friday, July 22, 2005

My Discoveries

I've made two new discoveries living here... one is a Japanese food market about three miles away with very (and I mean very) limited selections but good enough for now and the Bon Odori Festival next month. Yep, here I am in North Carolina and they have a Bon Odori Festival. I am really looking forward to that. It's hard enough not having anything remotely Hawaii-like here (e.g. foods, stores, restaurants), but to have nothing at all is just a shame. Now that I know they have a Bon Odori Festival, I can be reminded of those warm summer nights in Hawaii dancing under the starry skies, catching up with friends and eating yummy concession foods. Of course the festival here is on a Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at a convention-type place. I can deal with that. Like I said anything is better than nothing. Besides the dancing, they will have Japanese food, a taiko performance, a tea ceremony and even flower arranging. I am very excited and can't wait to go.

Nothing much going on this weekend. The hubby and I have some idea of what we'd like to do but no real plans. I'd like to see "Wedding Crashers." It got some good reviews and looks like a funny flick. More later if I can think of something.