Thursday, July 07, 2005

The Reception

After the ceremony, we retreated to these beautiful Japanese gardens overlooking Los Angeles to take pictures. I know I haven't really mentioned where we had the ceremony and reception mostly because I don't like to reveal too much about myself. But for the sake of preserving this moment on my blog, we had it at Yamashiro Restaurant. The folks there were so attentive to us even though we had a small wedding (approx. 33 guests).

Once the picture taking was over, we joined our guests in the reception room. Our reception was very casual because we wanted our guests to enjoy themselves. We hosted a very small cocktail hour with some sushi and fried shrimp. Then we had a sit-down dinner with a choice of either teriyaki chicken or grilled salmon. Dessert was, of course, wedding cake. We opted not to have either the garter or bouquet toss or even a formal program. Like I said, it was very casual. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and judging by what they said to us, they enjoyed both the ceremony and reception.

At the end of the evening, we left feeling very satisfied. The hubby said to me that I threw the perfect wedding for him, for us. What more could a bride ask for? It was the wedding we both wanted and I am relieved to say that everything went well.