Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Bureaucracy

If you decide to move to North Carolina and need to register your car, make sure you have your social security card with you. Yes, you need it to register your car or else you will be like me and make a trip down to the social security office only to wait about an hour and a half so that you can spend 5 minutes with the person at the window. Bureaucracy, gotta love our country. As far as what your social security card has to do with registering your car, I really don't know. I know you need it to get a new driver's license and I was waiting for my marriage license so that I could get a new social security card in my married name. I'm not so sure I want to spend another hour and half waiting to turn in a form so that I can get my card in another two weeks.

There is some pretty big news in our household that will have to wait before it's public knowledge. But we're just ecstatic as is some of our close family. It's a lot to take in right now so we're just enjoying knowing what we know.

I haven't been writing much because there really isn't much I want to say. I miss so many of my friends and am glad for our really good phone service. The hubby has been extremely attentive to me and very understanding. I am a lucky woman!