Saturday, September 03, 2005

Welcome to Game Day!

For the folks who don't live in this part of the country, let me announce that college football begins/began today. I didn't realize what a large part of the culture college football was here until I met the hubby. He hails from Georgia and went to Georgia (as in UGA). On top of that, he is a big and I mean BIG college football fan when it comes to his alma mater. I wouldn't venture into Athens, GA when the team is at home because you'll be caught in a sea of UGA fans. I am not a football fan at all. Yes, I can probably stomach parts of the game and understand it enough to get by but football has never been a sport I liked. I'd take any other sport over football: baseball, tennis, basketball, golf, etc. When we got married, I insisted that we had to get a second television because I wasn't going to suffer through football coma every fall. I don't mind that the hubby wants to spend all day watching the games just as long as he remembers that I'm here too. I'm sure I can distract him a little bit ;-) every now and then.